If you’re reading this you have probably just heard, “Congratulations! It’s twins!”. So now that your over the overwhelming feeling of realizing that you’re not having one but TWO babies, welcome. Just the thought of managing two newborns and all the gear you need to get can be a bit overwhelming will send anyone into shock. I was 21 weeks pregnant when I found out that we were expecting twins. Baby B which is now known as Victoria was hiding behind her sister and never showed herself in the sonogram. We already had a one year old at home so when we learned that this unplanned pregnancy had another surprise… I’m not going to lie I was freaking out at the thought of having twins so lets just say I went a bit overboard in purchasing all the “must haves”. I rarely used most to the items so I wanted to share my must haves with you. These are the top 10 items that saved my life when juggling my twins. I hope they can help you too.
- The Baby Trend Double Frame Snap and Go Stroller is number one on my list. It is amazing. It’s super easy to use and very light weight. The best part is that you don’t have to worry about waking a sleeping baby while transferring out of the car. It has a convenient tray and cup holder for parents as well as a big basket on the bottom.
- The Twingaroo Twin Carrier is a total game changer. It helps so much when the two babies get fussy at the same time and only have two hands. It was the best when the babies began screaming when I was running errands. The Twingaroo is super comfy for mom and baby. It also has a small built-in bag where you can insert a couple of diapers and wipes.
- The Graco Pack and Play Playard with Twin Bassinets was a gift from my sister and God Bless her for it. I’m so happy she got this for me. I kept it in our living room. This playard was a safe place for them to nap and for me change diapers without having to run upstairs to the nursery. As they got older the playard was big enough for both babies to have a safe play area.
- The Twin Z Pillow provided great support to my back and made both my babies and I comfortable while breast feeding. It’s also great to prop babies when bottle feeding.
- The Baby Breeze One Step Bottle Maker was my hallelujah. There is no time to waste when TWO newborns are hungry at the same time. This beautiful machine heats, measures, dispenses, and mixes the formula and water for the perfect feeding. Think Keurig for babies.
- The Skip Hop Duo Double Signature Bag is such a great diaper bag. It literally fit everything I needed for the twins PLUS what I needed for my toddler. The strap is wide enough to fit onto a double side by side stroller. I also loved that it is very easy to clean.
- The Binxy Baby Hammock lets you be normal like everyone else and push a shopping cart by just adjusting the straps to the cart your baby can lay in a hammock position while you still have room to store your groceries. Especially since most stores don’t offer the double seater on their carts.
- Zip Up Sleepers!! ‘Cause aint nobody got time for button up ones… especially for those middle of the night diaper changes. The Zip Up Sleepers are just so easy and convenient. I love them.
- Sheet Savers are awesome! They saved the baby bedding so much from spit up and diaper accidents. One of my twins had horrible acid reflux and the sheet savers helped absorb all of that mess without getting on the sheets and that meant less crib sheet changing for me.
- Last but not least a sound machine is key if your twins share a room. It flushes the noise out if one twin starts crying and getting fussy. My favorite one is the Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound System. I love that it also has a built-in night light and a projector that shows cute animal pictures. It also has 10 white noise options.
So there you have it. I hope my list will help you keep the bit of sanity you have left! Congratulations!